Total Pageviews

Friday 18 January 2019

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

 Question. Should I keep saving for my old age, or should I just sell the house, take my savings in cash and blow it all on one (hopefully) fairly long hurrah, while there are still some hurrahs to be had?
 Tump, Brexit, Climate Change, plastic pollution and over-consumerism- the idea that our appetite for all things new is infinite- problems that aren't going away and which we seem unable to resolve in the interests of everybody, and not just those who see a buck or two to be made. I'd say God help us, if I believed in him.
 While Climate Change has been creeping up on us for a couple of hundred years, Brexit and the Trump sagas seem to have been going on even longer, with no resolution yet in sight. And even when they're over, there will be the inevitable post-mortems, documentaries and, God forbid, serialize dramas- as if we didn't suffer enough the first time around. I wonder who will play Trump? A steely-eyed, curled-lipped adonis or something nearer the current mark?
 I suppose it could be worse. No, actually, I know it could be worse. I haven't had to contend with losing my home and family in a wildfire or storm, so perhaps I should doff my hat to the Lord. I have, after all, a roof over my head, all my family intact and food on the table. I shall continue watching the Trump saga on YouTube with morbid fascination- it'll take my mind off the ineptitude here- and I'll try and be positive. But, perhaps I won't bother with that new kitchen.
 To cheer you all up, here's an otter




No comments:

Post a Comment