Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 August 2017

The Garden Makes Its Last Big Effort, and I Say the C Word

 As autumn beckons us from the other side of the hill, things are reaching a crescendo in the garden. The tomatoes are ripening faster than we can eat them, there's only one more lot of potatoes to dig up ( in my new vegetable patch- that should be interesting) and next years gardening has to be thought about now.
 The rest of the spud bunker has been emptied, the spud bunker repaired (an excellent bodge, if I say so myself) and the Christmas (yes, I said the C word) potatoes are in. The tomatoes are gearing up for their last great hurrah and all the oinions and shallots have been pulled and are gently drying out. The second lot of peas are up and running- fingers crossed we have a long summer. Purple sprouting broccoli and kale are putting on weight ready for next year, as are the leaks. Final carrots have gone in. This is why I need 6 weeks holiday in the summer. And I haven't even started painting the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment